David Tisherman is principal and founder of David Tisherman's Visuals Inc., a watershape design/build firm with headquarters in Manhattan Beach, Calif.
He also is a co-founder of Genesis 3 Design Group, which provides advanced continuing-education opportunities to those in the design/construction fields.
In 2001, Tisherman and his partner Kevin Fleming, established Liquid Design, a design/build office in Cherry Hill, N.J., to serve the Delaware Valley.
Since 1979, Tisherman has advocated high standards for aquatic design, engineering and construction. His education includes Bachelor's degrees in history and industrial design; and post-graduate work at Pasadena Art Center College of Design and Harvard, Graduate School of Design.
Tisherman was a Department Chair, member of the Adjunct Faculty and Guidance Committee at UCLA. He has taught architectural rendering and presentation for more than two decades and was recognized as "Teacher of the Year" in 1984.
He is the principal instructor for the Genesis 3 Design Group. He has lectured extensively throughout the United States and Europe, conducting high-level seminars to landscape architects, designers/builders and other industry professionals.
- Tisherman's photography was used as the first poster for the Special Olympics in 1975, and he orchestrated and developed the opening ceremonies at the Kennedy Center on Special Education, that same year.
- Tisherman is one of only two people to win "Best in Show" at the NSPI (now APSP) International Design Awards competition.
- Presently, he serves as the Chairman of the Society of Watershape Designers and serves as an industry expert for the California State Licensing Board.
- In 2006, Tisherman was featured in a half-hour TV program, entitled "Born American" that showcased notable individuals and companies from the United States. In 2007, Tisherman and his work was featured on CNBC's "High Net Worth" in a segment that illustrated elegant and luxurious pool designs and construction.
- Tisherman's work has been featured on the cover of: Architectural Digest, The Robb Report, Hous and Garden, and Luxury Pools. He has also been featured in Pool & Spa News, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Millionaire Magazine, Designers West, and the Los Angeles Times magazine.
- He has also been published in hardcover books including Best of the Best, Best of LA, Reflections on the Pool, California Designs for Swimming Pools, Dream Pools, Schwimmbad & Sauna, and Handelsblatt.