Butcher's Swimming Pool Supply & Service
Butcher's Swimming Pool Supply & Service is an independently owned pool supply retail, renovation/repair and service company located in Houston.
Butcher's Swimming Pool Supply & Service, Inc. was started in 1958 as a supply store for swimming pool owners by Richard Butcher, father of the current president and owner, Greg. This also was the beginning of Greg's career in the swimming pool industry. In fact, Greg has spent his adult life working in all aspects of the swimming pool arena, including demolition, reconstruction, building and maintenance.
In 1985, Greg assumed ownership of the company, incorporated it, and began building it into a business known for expertise and reliability.
As of 2010, Butcher's had a full service division, a 3,000-square-foot showroom, more than 20 employees, and an active customer base of more than 3,000 residential and commercial accounts, while maintaining hundreds of pools each year.
Products and Services
Butcher's features a full parts department offering supplies and parts for the most common lines of equipment, including products by Pentair, Zodiac, Polaris, Waterway and more.
As an authorized Poolife dealer, Butcher's offers a full line of professional grade swimming pool and spa chemicals, as well as alternative sanitation systems. Additional product lines include Jack's Magic, United Chemical and Baquacil.
Butcher's also offers a full range of services, including:
- Swimming pool pumps and motors (repair or replacement)
- Swimming pool filters (repair and new installation)
- Automation and Salt Systems
- Installation and repair of automatic cleaners
- Repair/replace pool and spa heaters
- Repair/replace pool and spa lights
- Leak detections and repair
- Plumbing system repairs, and re-plumbing of equipment
- Equipment move
As for pool cleaning, Butcher's weekly service includes:
- Emptying all baskets
- Testing and adjusting chemical balance of water (chemicals included in service)
- Brushing sides, steps & benches as needed
- Skimming all leaves and debris from surface
- Removing debris from bottom
- Emptying automatic cleaning bag (if applicable)
- Vacuuming as needed
- Checking all equipment
- Backwashing sand/diatomaceous earth (DE) filters as needed.
Additional services include vacation cleaning such as maintenance and chemistry, one-time cleanings, and drain and clean services, renovation of tile, rough plaster, coping and more.
- Greg Butcher - President and owner